Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A LAMP FOR SPRING

Of course I bought it. It's green. 
Actually, it's not really meant to go here on the table--I just had a terrible case of Lamp Love in the Home Goods (Lamp Love is a serious medical condition, affecting millions of decor-attuned Americans, although my doctor keeps saying he hasn't heard of it. My accountant is equally ignorant). The emerald green with the grass green is not a great match, but I'll find another spot for it soon. It was just too fascinating a piece to pass up, and of course, it was only $49, and then it was only $40, when I found a small crack in the base and negotiated with the store manager.

Later, I did some digging online, and found the same lamp available at the Lamp Store for $120. The base is just fantastic.


I love the gold lining in the shade--it has a candlelight glow in the evening.

//Images, my own, and the lamp store//

1 comment: