Monday, November 9, 2009

Kate Spade Kristmas


A stunning gift display by gifted "wrapper" Sande, of a Gift Wrapped Life.

Here's the skinny (low-fat, sugar-free) on my view of Christmas this year. It goes something like this: every November, I have a psychotic breakdown when I visit the mall three weeks prior to Thanksgiving and see columns trussed up like candy canes. I shout insults at Christmas commercials featuring shiny wrapping and sprinkled snow scenes, while outside the trees are golden. I picket local radio stations who dare to broadcast carols while the Target is still clearing out its Halloween candy sale.

But not this year. I pretty much missed the last two Christmases (crazy job) and this year I find myself feeling... nostalgic. Craving egg nogg. Humming jingle bells. Wanting to soak it all in, every minute. And so I'm going too. Gift giving guides? Hostess gifts? Holiday soiree outfits? It starts NOW! So if you're me last year - relax. Pour yourself a cup of hot coco, shake on some cinnamon, and take a breath, because it's OK to get yourself a gift too! :)

My favorite so far: Kate Spade's $50 and under gift guide.

Bow hair pin, $45.

Red Letter Day candle, $48.

Lady Marmelade Studs, $42.


Perry Scott Clock, $40.


Grammery Park Coin Purse, $50.

All images, Katespade.com

No comments:

Post a Comment