Monday, December 5, 2011

SANITY FAIR DECORATES FOR CHRISTMAS

This year I was determined - DETERMINED! - to have a Christmas tree. But if you live in a thimble, you have to have magical properties, and mine happens to be finding tiny little fir trees that fit in thimbles. Or at any rate, three-foot-fir trees that fit in a ginger jar. Here's a little tour of my decorating. Hope you enjoy!

I love Chinoiserie, and I have a burgeoning little collection of asian-inspired ornaments (along with greek key ribbon from - wait for it - Walmart!).


I have a particular mania for glass-blown ornaments, like this darling little kimono.

A little Chinese girl carries a lantern.

What's your fortune?

A glamorous pagoda sparkles in several tiers.

A geisha, parasol at the ready, promenades the branches.

Darling panda!

An unfurled fan makes a tree topper.

A little glass fan.

Take-out!

Sushi (non-edible).

White poinsettias (badly in need of a decorative ribbon) adorn a garden stool.

Paperwhites and pagodas (apologies for the terrible photos - iPhone is my only resource right now!).


And I couldn't resist slipping a spare branch and a Chinese knot onto a picture or two.
/All images/my own/

No comments:

Post a Comment