Thursday, January 5, 2012

OLD CLASSICS MADE NEW

West Elm is one of those stores that always surprises me; it's not really my style, but I almost always come across something fun. West Elm is to home decor what Gap used to be to clothes; classics re-imagined with flair.

A few favorites from the new spring line.

It reminds me of the Claude modular system, a marvelous design by Jonathan Adler.

More fun things in store - I'm going to pick up a few of these vases for a grouping of ceramics.


I'm in love with that mirror! And the fun little wall shelf/sconce is marvelous.

A few more favorites...





And finally, a few terrariums... these are all the rage this season! You can hardly enter a decor store these days that hasn't been transformed into a miniaturized forest, populated by ferns, moss, and the odd spider plant. I enjoy indoor plants, but find the whole trend a tad precious. What do you think? Have you tried a terrarium in your home?
/All images/ West Elm/

No comments:

Post a Comment